Thursday, October 9, 2008

"Smell" Tech Support: The jockstrap of IT assistance

Let me regale you with a few choice snippets from my recent encounter with a certain large computer manufacturer's technical assistance department... IE: Tech Support...

For the sake of protecting the innocent/the stupid/my ass... Let's just call my "agent" ... "Frank"... (ALL SENSITIVE DATA HAS BEEN CHANGED/REMOVED)


(Line for line what he wrote... no edits)
Frank: "...did the problem you had the other time was the company name were product was register under?"
Me: "Um... I'm not clear on what you are asking me...."

Frank: "ok".....

I seriously had to wait a while to get clarification... And it wound up being this...

Frank: "well, can you explain to me why didn't the other agent send the......"

Here, I copied about 15 lines of text from OUR LAST CHAT SESSION... 3 weeks ago....

Then...

Frank: "the reason I'm asking this is because it seems like we had the same problem? have you been contact by "Smell" during does 10-15 business days?"

Finally fed up... I wrote...

Me: "No... That's why I'm in this session now... I have not heard anything at all... and it has been 3 full weeks now...."

Mind you... at the very start, I said:

Me: "I need to know the status of a service issue. "session ID for this incident is..."
Followed immediately by:
Me: "3 weeks ago, we were told we had to have (random red tape resolved), so that we could get this (random device) repaired. We have had no further messages regarding this..."

....... It was like being on a Merry-Go-Round... for nearly 2 hours!!!

............... But I won!!!! I are a Fountain Of Greatness.....



YAY!! AWSUM I R!!!
- Kenny G.

No comments: