Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The dawning of a new stretch of 24 hour periods.

So... It's official... Barrack Obama will be the next President of the United States of America. It was a hard fought race, but in the end, it was a sound victory for the Illinois senator.

Hurrah.

That's it. That's all I've got. No resounding cheers of jubilation, no insane dances of glee. I'm not exactly filled with all the warm and fuzzies that many others, including many of my friends, seem to have a boundless supply of. But I am trying to share in their Hope.

Nor am I filled with disgust, outrage, or fear. I wasn't out there, rallying for John McCain, doing my best to spread a mistrust about Barrack Obama. I have no true emotion over his race, as I have no inborn qualm with any ones race. I have no deep seated hatred, or dread. Though I do share some wary feeling for our future.

No, over all, I just don't care one way or the other in the wake of this election. This country has fallen so far over so many years, it's hard for me to give any vague semblance of a rat's ass anymore. We've been quite viciously fucked from so many angles for so long, apathy is all I have left to share.

I will say this:
"Dear President Elect Obama,

Please, Just Don't Fuck Things Up Any Worse.

Sincerely,

Kenny G."
That's all I pray for any more.
Now, I'm going back to my reading.... Go away!!!
- Kenny G.

No comments: